Finding Time to Write
Finding time to write is tough.
But that’s only the beginning.
Because you also have to find time to:
- Read books ABOUT writing.
- Read books in your genre.
- Keep up with the industry.
- Research agents.
- Create a web presence.
- Get on Twitter and follow agents/publishers/editors to educate yourself.
- Look into contests.
- Draft Twitter pitches.
- Revise your writing.
- Participate in critique groups.
- And that’s just what I can come up with off the top of my head.
When do you find time to do this? Particularly if you’re at home taking care of kids (as I currently am)?
Two kids under the age of three means…
Nap time. That’s about it. That’s one hour (maybe) of uninterrupted time (maybe) for me to do everything.
I’m trying to think about writing as a job. Nap time = my time to focus on work. But I’ve got to say, it’s hard. Sometimes I just want to zone out to old Law & Order reruns. But I press on.
Just curious how others out there are faring in the same scenario.